If you love Marlborough wines, Ara Single Estate will show you why commitment to one region is a very good thing
Rather than containing blends of wines from vineyards in vastly different areas, Ara Single Estate wines are sourced from across the Estate in Marlborough's Wairau Valley. These intensely flavoured wines amplify the remarkable valley story – when you drink an Ara Single Estate wine, you are literally drinking the Wairau Valley and the elements that make it one of the most sought-after wine destinations in the world.
ARA, PURE MARLBOROUGH
‘Ara’ is Māori for pathway and captures these wines’ unique journey and connection with their Marlborough home. Sitting on the edge of the world, Marlborough’s extreme climate can present challenges, however the winemakers and viticulture teams at Ara embrace these challenges, using them to create intensely flavoured wines that illustrate their ‘Ara’ or path on the edge of the world.
ARA SINGLE ESTATE SAUVIGNON BLANC
A fresh and lively aromatic sauvignon blanc with classic Wairau Valley aromas and flavours.
- Aroma: blackcurrant, citrus blossom and wild herbs
- Taste: tropical fruits, grapefruit, natural sweetness and a crisp refreshing finish
- Food match: whitebait fritters
ARA SINGLE ESTATE CHARDONNAY
A traditional chardonnay with rich, generous fruit flavours and a creamy finish.
- Aroma: citrus and summer fruits
- Taste: rich fruit flavours offset with toasty, oatmeal sweetness, and grapefruit notes giving a clean finish
- Food match: grilled lemon and thyme chicken and roasted vegetables
ARA SINGLE ESTATE PINOT GRIS
An elegant pinot gris with a broad range of flavours.
- Aroma: pear and nectarine
- Taste: bush honey and citrus
- Food match: Asian fusion dishes and grilled seasonal seafood
ARA SINGLE ESTATE PINOT NOIR
A pinot noir with intense red fruit flavours and aromas, softened by spice notes and a fine dry finish.
- Aroma: red fruits, coffe and spices
- Taste: spices and red fruits with fine tannins for a light dry finish
- Food match: game such as wild rabbit, tahr or deer
ARA SINGLE ESTATE PINOT NOIR ROSÉ
A lively and vibrant rosé with a not-too-sweet finish.
- Aroma: fresh picked strawberries and cream
- Taste: light refreshing berry fruits
- Food match: an antipasto platter with cured meats