Moscato wine is one of our favourite summer sips, but it’s even better with the addition of some fizz
Australian winery Brown Brothers is know for creating high quality wines with innovative grape varieties. One of their top-sellers is the Brown Brothers Moscato, loved for its sweet and refreshing orange blossom and musk aromas, and stone fruit flavours.
WHAT IS MOSCATO?
The Romans are believed to have given the grape its name as they found its distinctive aroma akin to that of musk, and hence called it moscato – “smelling of musk”. There are at least 200 different members of the muscat family, and many different clones cultivated in Australia. If harvested early, Australian moscato produces delicate, perfumed, crisp, dry white table wines but if left to hang on the vines several weeks longer it produces rich flavoursome dessert wines.
MOSCATO LOVES SUMMER
Moscato is the perfect summer sipper with its in-season fruit and flower notes and refreshing taste, so you can imagine our excitement here at Toast when we discovered Brown Brothers' sparkling moscato wines. We’re already picturing long summer lunches sipping these with friends, sitting in flower-filled gardens while the bees buzz lazily by.
2017 BROWN BROTHERS SPARKLING MOSCATO
This delicate and fresh Sparkling Moscato is perfect for getting dinners and parties off to a great start.
- Aroma: Lifted musk aromas with smells of freshly crushed grapes and scented sherbet.
- Taste: Musk with ripe fruits balanced by refreshing notes of citrus.
- Food match: Serve well chilled and pair with a plate of light cheese such as camembert or brie and thin slices of apple and pear. For something savoury try with a Thai green curry that’s loaded with fresh coriander and chili.
2017 BROWN BROTHERS SPARKLING MOSCATO ROSA
This light and delicate Sparkling Moscato Rosa has the addition of a small amount of Brown Brothers Cienna wine, adding flavours of red berries and spices, and a bright strawberry hue.
- Aroma: Lively red berry scents, freshly crushed grapes and a pleasing hit of spicy perfume.
- Taste: Tantalising flavours of red berries, juicy grapes, and summer fruits balanced by a nice slice of acidity. and enjoy while young and vibrant.
- Food match: Serve well chilled as a classic aperitif wine to enjoy on its own, or pair with a wedge of crisp pear wrapped in prosciutto or a fresh fruit platter and light style cheeses like brie or camembert.